- Do you knit or crochet? Knitting for a majority. But I have done some single crochet work once and a blue moon. How long have you been at your craft? I learned how to knit and crochet when I was about 7 years old from my grandmother, and it's been on and off for several years. But lately I've been majorly into it for about 3-4 years. :) (ie increasing my yarn stash lol)
- Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do? No, I know to avoid crack when I see it. ;) I would love too, but I know I do not have the time or funds to start. But getting a spinning wheel and such when I get my own place and settled would be nice, but years from now.
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in? Does World of Warcraft count?! ;P I like cross stitching and some basic sewing (the machine is still big for me lol)
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Right now superwash sock yarn is awesome. Wool is nice, Silk, Cotton, I like mixtures too.
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? Mohair, I itch, but nothing major it just gets everywhere, Alpaca is ok, soft, but I would only prefer a small content of it. Oh and scruffy acrylic yarn. Like Lion Brand homespun yarn... ugh terrible and rough, but I am ok with typical acrylic yarns too, like Caron has lovely stuff and some lion brand. Soft and smooth is key lol.
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? Oh tons~ Socks that Rock, Cherry Tree Hill, Lisa Souza yarn, Fleece Artist, All Things Heather, Wolemiser, etc. :D
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? At the moment it is socks socks socks. But I am enjoying finishing up a sweater. I like to make things purposeful really, so I try to figure stuff out like that. Right now some charity stuff has been fun. I always want my knitting to have a meaning, verses just something to get thrown in the back of the closet.
- What are you currently working on? Socks, the Knitty Roam sweater, and charity squares and pet blankets. Anything you plan to start this autumn? More socks hehe, but I have been dying for a shrug or the 'boob holder'. lol Eventually. Or even those loose shrugs/shawls are nice too, so maybe.
- What is your favorite FO? I think Square Cakes (on my ravelry) was fun and the fingerless gloves too. They came out cute.
- What is your oldest UFO? Oh gosh. I would have to say the Roam sweater, it was from last summer when the issue came out.
- Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I think circular knitting for socks knitting would be fun(one circular needle too, magic loop right?). I would like to do toe up socks eventually maybe.
- Are you a sock knitter? xD Of course! What are your foot measurements? Oh god I have no clue, I've tried to figure it out, usually the mediums work with my feet, but they are long I have a US 11 size foot.
- Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? No~ big investment. I still wrap up yarn into a skein with a big knitting needle in the middle. Fun but oh my god the tangles. Eventually, one day it would be wonderful to have them.
- Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? In a shoe box size tub on the shelf, messy but alright. I did however get a hard case straight needle holder, so I am working into getting my straight needles into there, that are important for me to keep care of.
- Do you collect anything? Trying to collect more yarn. ;) Books of course too lol. I really honestly don't have a true collection, I just think I love small cute things more then anything else, vauge I know but thats the best I can muster.
- What is your favorite type of music? Indie, Pop, Rock, Alternative, World Music, Classical, Electronic, J-Pop, Dance, etc. Not big on the Country, sad but true.Are you MP3 ready? I put music on my cell phone, but I download torrents most of the time. I do not use I-tunes, I dislike Ipods and Itunes, too much money for an ok product. (I sold Ipods and mp3 players for about 2 years)
- Do you like sweets? <333333> What are your favorites? Gummies! Twizzlers PullnPeel (fave), Gummie Bears, Licorish, Jelly Beans (not the fancy kind, I forget the brand), Milk Chocolate is nice too~, peanut butter, lol But Gummies are an all time fave lol
- What is your living situation like? At home with the parents and older brother. Any pets? You mean other parts of the family right?! ;p I have 3 cats, Duo, Faye (both black females), and Ami (a kitten brown with white) and the chickens that rule our yard... yes chickents, roosters, hens, chicks the whole nine yards, and yes we collect eggs. We haven't bought eggs since last year. Children? Other then the cats, none and keeping it that way~ ;D Too young lol.
- Are you allergic to anything? I would say be weary of the mohair type stuff... I am allergic to the cats fur (my eyes get irritated and I do sneeze, they are short hair cats though) nothing that sheds lol preferably.
- Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal. Of course~ Amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1NN5MW6PC7G6K
- Loopy Ewe: http://www.theloopyewe.com/wishlist/show/19667/?token=02a9ed77cb3a
- Are you having a birthday during this swap? Nope my birthday is in May.
- What is your Ravelry ID? HSailorMoon
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Posted by Heather at 9:39 PM