Thursday, June 19, 2008

Knitting is going well.

Soooo~ Let's see...

There is a hugeee sale at my lys this saturday~ xD I am excited, I am totally going to go... it is from 10am to 5pm snacks, door prizes, raffles, yada yada... so I totally want to go! :D Now it is sale yarn by the bag... soooo I hope they have some good stuff there... I want to go at 10am... for the 'best selection' xD

However, I have to keep in mind too that I am going to Anime Expo (in LA) in two weeks! xD Which is another... oh... 200-300 total... including hotel, food, and buying stuff. So oi~ I am so expensive.

I really just want some sock yarn... even that noro sock yarn is kinda interesting. I am not doing any huge projects any time soon. Like I have to finish my Roam jacket... but that is just a few more skeins of Patons Grace yarn.... then the shawl for my mom is in Carron Simply Soft (gotta keep it easy for my mom to take care of).

Everything else is smaller projects~ Like I want to figure out a cute fish or sushi related gift for my friend Sonya (she wasnt a big fan of the sushi wallets though, which I thought would be cute. Ah well)

Oh I did to go a yarn store in Santa Barbara! :D
I bought two skeins of tofutsies, one of a black/blue combo (to knit for my dad's socks) and a pink and white combo (for me of course) to knit socks! :D Then two skeins for my secret partner for the swap~ :D Which are rather pretty in my opinion. :D It was a cute store... but not that much excitement, I like my local yarn store much better, more options and stuff~ :D.

I am about to do the gusset decrease for the first sock for my dad.... and I still have the Knit Picks pallette second sock on the needles I have to pick up the stitches for the heel on that one. So progress is good.

Otherwise everything is going well. Other then the heat that is coming~ geez, high 80's and I am suffering~ I never want to leave southern coastal california.

I am still reading The Historian book with the Loopy Groupies group on ravelry~ :D I am half way though it, oi 600 pages is alot~ lol. The book kinda drags on in detail a lot... but it makes it that much more interesting. You win some or you lose some~ :D But I still like it~ next book I am going to pick up is probably The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs book... I bought it super cheap (at Sams Club oh yeah~ xD) and I had been eyeing it at Target like allll the time~ so now that I have it, I am eager to read it~ but not until I finish The Historian. lol otherwise, I will never finish it~ haha. I totally want to try some audio books later on... it would be great to listen to a book (I hope) and knit~ last time I tried to do that I was laying on my parents bed, listening to the book... and fell asleep... of course I was tired lol, and that was years ago.

Well I should get going~ I need to take more photos to put on here~ flicker made it so much easier!

No comments: