Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mail! <3333

Soooo, I've spent tonssss of money online lately... like seriously... like almost $100 (shipping included etc). But to my defense not all of it is spent on stuff I wanted~~~... $25 of it is on gift projects! xD I am making Jimmy a pair of socks (I always thought he was joking that he wanted a pair of socks from me, lol) and then a baby blanket for a friend of mine who just had a baby boy.

Jimmy's socks are going to be from knit picks link Felici self striping in color way Schooner! I want to make him like regular socks... but he doesn't wear regular socks... he wears those ankle sport type socks a lot. So hmmm, if that is the case I can make him ankle socks and give him two pair! ;D (I ordered two 50gram skeins).

Then the second gift is the baby blanket, in get this~ Orange!! :D in Vanna's Choice Baby yarn link in the color way of Goldfish! xD Such a cute name. I messaged my friend on myspace asking her what colors baby boys wear (because I have no clue with boys lol) and that which color she liked most for her son Aiden. Well she replied and said uck on the blues, her fave color is green, but she LOVES orange for Aiden and is bummed that there are not a lot of baby clothes in that color. So instance solution~ baby blanket in a lovely orange! :D The pattern I am going to use is Sunny Baby Blanket link. So that is going to look beautiful! :) I am excited. I am just debating now between using a US 8 or US 9 needle. Iam a tight knitter and have usually had to go up a size in most patterns to get guage..... But I need a 29' circular needle, so I will have to go out and buy that later. So I guess when the yarn gets here I will make a swatch and see what happens. I am just anxious to get this started! :D My first blanket I ever made was .... to put it lightly not great. lol.

But then now with a new swap for the fall, I went on the goodie shopping spree... at the bookstore on campus~ xD I always try to at least toss in a few non knitting items, but hobbies that they like. :) I already have 2 months worth of 'good' (ie big) goodies~ ;D I am excited. But oi I spent like $40 dollars.... lol but granted I bought other stuff... for myself too... oi lol. However~... everything was on clearance/sale. :D So it would have been uber expensive if I didn't do this. ;D I love good deals.
- - -

I love it. I am chilling in one of the 'quiet rooms' and there is this older women (totally a grandma to someone <333) crocheting across the room from me. It makes me think of my Farmor (father's mother in danish, ie grandma) crocheting etc. However I did talk to Farmor for oh geez... 45 minutes or so today. I called her and chilled outside the book store :). I always enjoy talking to her. Oh that reminds me I need to send her photos of Socks. =D

Oh I also snagged an Obama 08 sticker from a table of voter registration in front of the book store, the people were friendly. I am already of course registered and heck even working as a polling place inspector. :D So I enjoyed chit chatting for a bit. I want an Obama button... my dad said he was going to get me one. (Even though I am the only democrate in the house. ;p <3) I am looking forward to November, not so much of my voting, I vote by mail and have since I turned 18, I've never voted at a polling place. However, running one and being in charge of a polling place (as inspector) is really fun... I've liked it each and every time I've done it. I also find it funny with my dad poping the 'Well Heather, my daughter, was the youngest inspector this county has has!' lol I give my dad bragging rights... however being 18 is the youngest you can get, so that helps me keep that title~.

I think I've done enough rambling. :) Jimmy owes me lunch at 1:15pm when he gets out of class. I love having this knitting journal.

No comments: